Monday, February 7, 2011

Tuff Balls....large sized tennis balls that are particulary useless for pitbulls

My dogs love tennis balls. Barcelona, my pit bull/American bulldog mix loves nothing more than spending an afternoon chasing after a tennis ball. The problem is, traditional sized tennis balls are useless in big dog mouths. Barcelona has this horrible habit of playing fetch for a while, than running off with the ball to chew on it. We have definitely gone through many tennis balls this way.

One day browsing through the doggie toy aisle, my husband came upon a large tennis ball by Tuff balls. They are advertised as industrial strength dog toys that won't fray with rough play. However, while the pluses are that it lasts a couple days longer  than the traditional balls and doesnt't fray, they are easily ripped apart by my dogs. The problem I have with this tennis ball is that its hollow in the middle. So one bite into the rubber and my dogs can easily tear through the rest of it in minutes.

Conclusion: The size is definitely great; its about 4-5 inches thick which prevents my dog from tearing through it in nanoseconds. However, its hollow middle prevents this toy from truly being a great, large dog resistant toy. On the 1-10 scale, I would give this a 6. If I were you, I would save my money and pass on this toy in the store.

As always, AP & Dublin.

No comments:

Post a Comment